About Me

My photo
Travel Afghanistan with me through my experiences, and vision Afghanistan with me through my photos :)

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Blue Mosque

The Blue Mosque, otherwise known as the Shrine of Hazrat Ali, and Rawze-Sharif in Farsi, is one of the pinnacles of Mazar-e-Sharif. It is one of the reputed burial places of Ali, the cousin and and son-in-law of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). It is this building that gives Mazar-e-Sharif its name - which means "tomb of the exalted".

You have to take off your shoes at the entrance, and no, not the entrance of the actual shrine, but the place itself...we came at noon and were practically skipping on the white stone floors because of the heat. Other than that, it is a magically beautiful place. We weren't allowed to take photos of the inside, but this little old man who made dua for everyone and read Quran saw my camera and how I was dying to take a picture and he said to me "quickly take a few pictures" I looked around and the other elder men nodded in approval and I quickly took some pictures. Those are the orange stone pictures below. I secretly took a video as well... I'll see if I can upload that later on.

Also,  if you do decide to go, make sure to have lots of change on you because people will be asking for money.


















No comments:

Post a Comment