About Me

My photo
Travel Afghanistan with me through my experiences, and vision Afghanistan with me through my photos :)

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Afghan Public Schools

In Kabul, my aunt had connections at a local elementary school for girls and boys. We took a little trip there to see the classes, kids and teachers and we were guided quickly through the school.

However, from what our eyes could see, a few things were apparent, 1) There was a lack of classrooms/seating space 2) The education being taught was extremely basic and in some subjects, in particular English, many errors were being made on behalf of the teachers - who might I add were probably not even qualified, some had just completed grade 12 and 3) They were in need of help and funding even though they were a much better off public school than most others.









No comments:

Post a Comment